So day one started with me going to work because something went wrong and i was on call so i didnt get quite as far as i wanted.
- Garage Cleaned up
- All Bolts tightened to spec.
- Steering wheel mounted
- Pushed the car down the driveway, spun around and placed onto the lift with the back facing out. (ready for the engine)
- Picked up the engine hoist from a friend.
- Engine s
- ensors removed and replaced with FF units as per instructions.
- alternator bolted on
- Air-cond pump bolted on
- Tensioner setup
- Serpentine belts put on
- Removed the engine from its stand and placed onto crane
- bolted the engine mounts back on
- Put the block heater back in (got in the way of the stand)
- covered the inside of the engine bay with blankets
- tried to fit the engine in.
- realized that the manual was right and the thermostat does have to come off to fit.
- removed thermostat, tried again
- bolted engine in, held back end up with ratchet strap
- bolted the starter ring and flywheel on.
- put the bearing onto the flywheel
- put the trans/engine adapter plate on, (realized i only had one bolt that would work)
- Went to the store to buy more bolts.
- bolted the adapter on.
- bolted the clutch on
- installed the clutch slave onto the trans
- installed the pilot bearing, etc. onto the trans.
- identified and purchased the bolts required to mount the trans....
- .... ran out of time.
My wife is out tomorrow evening so i should have enough time to mount the trans to the engine and the rear support.